We do have paulownia lumber for sale; both for large projects and hobby wood projects.
Paulownia wood is in a market all of its own. It is a specialty wood with many unique charcuteries. Because of its light weight, water tightness, stable dimensions, it has found markets in water sports, furniture, and molding industry. The wood also weathers well outdoors and has been found as a suitable substitute for redwood. And of course, the acoustics for musical instruments is second to none, if the tree is slowly grown.
Paulownia is not a wood for all projects. It is not a wood where weight bearing support is needed.
- Lumber is about 1 inch thick; at least 3 feet long; and comes in various widths. Lumber is sold in board feet (BF) units. BF equals 12" x 12" x 1" or 0.0833 cubic feet.
- High grade lumber has no knots or defects and comes in units of 5 BF.
- Medium grade lumber has just a few knots and comes in units of 10 BF.
- Hobby wood comes in mixed lengths from 12 to 36 inch; of various widths and thickens. Hobby wood is sold by the pound. One board foot is about 2 pounds. All hobby wood is knot free!
- Pen Blanks are 3/4 X 3/4 X 5 inches. All pen blanks are knot free!
In need of something other than something listed above, we can supply almost any dimension desired for your project. Just email us for a quote.
Please allow at least 60 to 90 days for processing custom orders. It takes time to harvest the lumber from the stump, saw, dry, and mill the lumber to the desire dimensions.
All pricing is by quote. A 25% non-refundable deposit is required to proceed with an order. Balance is due before shipping/pick up.
In short, paulownia is a specialty wood that is in short supply. We have lumber available for sale to meet your needs. Thanks for visiting!